Skip to main content

Ideal Pastoral Life

A trip home is letting the magic of nature, surround and embrace you. Everywhere you look, beauty abounds and you can feel her breath pulsing in your veins. She calms and soothes the reluctant city dweller, and her touch is overwhelming. The soft cold breeze as it dances around you, the rain drops that linger on your skin, the clouds that hover above smiling and winking, the smell of the earth as it awakens to welcome the skies and the love that covers the land in green... infuses you, fills your soul and shines out of you. 
This and the next few pictures were taken from the train...
Lush paddy fields...
It's the monsoon season...
And the rain clouds were hovering nearby... ready to let go any second.
The hills and the windmills near my place...
This is how my colony looks, beautiful palatial houses...
canopy of flowering plants... 
Lavender orchids...
A creeper climbing high...
A path lined with coconut trees...
A quaint calling bell...
A dog lazily sleeping at the entrance to a house, near a kolam pattern...
Beautiful black goats lazing around...
More palatial houses...
Houses overflowing with greenery...
I like this little creeper entwined all over the balcony rail..
(click on the image for a larger view)
A glimpse of the new church in my colony... Infant Jesus Church.
So while I parked my bike and started talking all these pictures, I heard someone shouting 'Hey, Peythi!!!!'  (peythi in tamil means grand daughter) 
So I turned to find this man, and he was asking me why I wasn't taking a picture of him. So I said, okay give me a smile and I will. So here's Alagapan, a funny old gregarious man, I love his carefree attitude.   

Ah, going home is always good... and that too in the monsoon season, it's sheer bliss. Listening to the rains as I write this, it's living poetry outside my window. 

Comments

Vadapoche said…
Nice post! where is this?
Karen Xavier said…
Clement, this is Nagercoil and its surroundings...
"Living poetry" truly. Loved the photographs and the colour.

You would have never felt like coming back to hot Madras, na?

Joy always,
Susan

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Amethyst in Chennai - A Review

After Sarangi , we stopped by Amethyst another boutique store at Whites Road (quite close to Express Avenue Mall), Royapettah. This is a cool posh place hidden from the bustling din of the main road, and the entry way itself seems to transport you to another time and place far away from the cacophony of a busy city life. Once you step into this land overflowing with (wild) shrubbery, you'll find a flower shop, a jewellery cum clothing store and a colonial styled coffee hangout place. The entrance... with shrubs on either side. A giant urn among the shrubbery.  A little fountain in the garden... The jewellery and clothing boutique is located upstairs and even though the whole arrangement looks nice and inviting, I couldn't really find anything worth buying here.   An art piece at the store... The clothes seemed drab and messily complicated, like some new age fashion for the artsy / socialite types. It's not something your normal next door perso...

My school teachers...

So I got to thinking bout my school days recently and it saddened me that I was starting to forget a few teachers who had shaped my life, I have already forgotten nearly half the classmates... though its not my fault. Some people just don't want to join facebook, then how can you find them in this big world. Even if I do find them, there is not much to talk beyond the 'where are you & what are you doing' phrases. But the teachers are another matter, they deserve to be remembered for moulding us. I gotta hand it to the convent school I studied in, they really knew how to select their educators... all the teachers I had shared a genuine passion for teaching and above that they had strong moral values and faith which invariably shaped our lives. To them being a good person was what mattered the most and they made sure we grasped this knowledge, it also helped that I had staunch catholic parents who cemented this view. Anyway, I just wanted to jot down stuff bout my teacher...