Skip to main content

Year end transition, welcoming 2018...

Can't believe I haven't posted here in a long long long time, but that's how busy the year end/beginning transition always is. There are decorations to think about, cards to make, cakes to bake, tickets to book, friends to meet, family to see and shopping that has to be done... one can never get enough of this time of the year. Christmas was fun in Chennai with friends, family and all the Christmas shopping/outings and diy's. This year Tiana (my baby niece) had just started walking, so the Christmas crib was kept in an enclosed tiny space above her reach. It looked quite pretty with all the cut out stars and lights...



The wreath I made ages ago
A small video leading upto Christmas... all the diy's and stuff.
A small video depicting Christmas fun at both my homes with family and friends.
Christmas becomes more meaningful and poignant each year in Madras as we (me and Jen) discover new Christmassy things to do in Chennai. The caroling in MCC grounds, the candlelight caroling by the MMA, the Christmas brunches and December masses in both the churches I go to, are a joy to attend, they just fill your heart, mind and soul. Midnight mass was amazing with angels like nieces, and there was lot of cake, wine, pictures and love going around... I was just glad to be surrounded by amazing people. Back home Manoj and Vinod and none of the people who came into the family later, were around for New Year's this year. It was just me, Nam, mom and dad, and because of the church gang it was super fun. We went to the beach and it was soulful ringing in the new year with friends, chasing horizons, jumping in waves and treading on the soft sands of home. 
 Cooper was super fun and we clicked some amazing pictures. 
Every time I come home things never seem to change yet on another level everything has changed, the kids have grown up, the people still make you uneasy in a familiar way it's almost funny now, but the biggest change you realise is within yourself. You're no longer the wide eyed girl who likes to dream, you're the girl living a life you can't believe you get to live... surrounded by beautiful people, immense joy, love and gratitude. Somehow, it all has a way of working out... life and love has a way of surprising you, making you grateful to be alive. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Amethyst in Chennai - A Review

After Sarangi , we stopped by Amethyst another boutique store at Whites Road (quite close to Express Avenue Mall), Royapettah. This is a cool posh place hidden from the bustling din of the main road, and the entry way itself seems to transport you to another time and place far away from the cacophony of a busy city life. Once you step into this land overflowing with (wild) shrubbery, you'll find a flower shop, a jewellery cum clothing store and a colonial styled coffee hangout place. The entrance... with shrubs on either side. A giant urn among the shrubbery.  A little fountain in the garden... The jewellery and clothing boutique is located upstairs and even though the whole arrangement looks nice and inviting, I couldn't really find anything worth buying here.   An art piece at the store... The clothes seemed drab and messily complicated, like some new age fashion for the artsy / socialite types. It's not something your normal next door perso...

My school teachers...

So I got to thinking bout my school days recently and it saddened me that I was starting to forget a few teachers who had shaped my life, I have already forgotten nearly half the classmates... though its not my fault. Some people just don't want to join facebook, then how can you find them in this big world. Even if I do find them, there is not much to talk beyond the 'where are you & what are you doing' phrases. But the teachers are another matter, they deserve to be remembered for moulding us. I gotta hand it to the convent school I studied in, they really knew how to select their educators... all the teachers I had shared a genuine passion for teaching and above that they had strong moral values and faith which invariably shaped our lives. To them being a good person was what mattered the most and they made sure we grasped this knowledge, it also helped that I had staunch catholic parents who cemented this view. Anyway, I just wanted to jot down stuff bout my teacher...