Skip to main content

Chapels, pot pies and cafes....

So while just walking around we chanced upon this cute little cafe tucked away near the lake, known as Cottage Cafe. 
Of course, I had the hot chocolate...  
My sister ordered coffee and we chose some mushrooms to munch on. 
There were sparrows flying in and out, tweeting away and just eating off the table...
they add charm and beauty to this already hidden cafe. 
The Cottage Cafe.. 
The structure that marks the entrance to the cafe... 
The explanation... 
So we continued our walk and this is just a pretty door we saw... 
More pock marked trees 
Saw this structure in Milieant and got down to explore it... it looks pretty on the outside. Inside it is plain, nothing to see, just a massive prayer hall.
Since I saw some video about pot pies, I've been itching to make them. There was some leftover chicken and paneer dish, so I put them in a pot and placed a layer of pastry sheet over them. Of course, pot pies taste great when the pots are smaller. You get the crunch of the buttery flaky pastry sheet along with the goodness of the chicken or veg stuffing steaming inside. But I had these large pots and I used them...
Made some designs, a cross and SH for Sherlock Holmes... 
Here they are out of the oven... 
Tasted good... can't go wrong with pastry sheets. But the pots have to be smaller to really get the wholesome goodness of this dish. 
During my first trip to Geneva in 2013, we went to a chapel nearby to attend a french mass. We met a very charming priest there, Fr. Gabriel. And since then we've been in touch, he has a fascinating life... born in Nigeria, he had to go through an initiation ceremony in his tribe and that left a scar on his brow. So anyway, we went for the morning mass one day to meet him and this is the charming chapel where he says the weekday masses, since the crowd is minuscule on a weekday.  
After mass we decided to go have some coffee... this is the serene waiting area in the parish priest residence. 
We went walking to a cafe nearby, had these whole wheat croissants... and hot chocolate. This was where he told us stories about growing up in Africa and the reason behind the pretty cool scar on his brow. It was nice listening to him, discussing his culture, African societies, religions, life in India among other things. He told us how he became a priest and how he had to learn French from scratch to write his exams in French. The world is filled with stories... you just feel lucky when you get to hear really good ones. We, me and Nam, had a lovely time with him then,
 We walked back home, a pretty little house on the way...
The junction boxes look quite cute here with vintage pictures covering them. 
A restaurant on the way... 
 The most beautiful chapel near home...
 whenever we cross by this place, I can't help but go in.. 
It is so aesthetically designed with natural light streaming in through well placed vents. 
A wooden sculpture of Mary and child... 
The bible bathed in natural light... and the cross nearby. 
The entrance to the chapel... 
The pathway to the chapel... then we walked back home, did some work, ate leftover potpies for lunch, slept a bit and then decided to drive to Le Recyclables, the charming book store and cafe. 
Saw these very pretty illustrated books there... 
By Annie Courtiaud... her paintings are so pretty. 

We then stopped by Cafe Jules Verne... 
These were the books I picked up at Le Recyclables, two books by Anton Chekhov. 
This is the pretty note book by Limnroad... 
Snacking on mozzarella and tomatoes with some pesto thing nearby... 
Came home and Vinod made tagliatelle dinner in a creamy spinach base. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Amethyst in Chennai - A Review

After Sarangi , we stopped by Amethyst another boutique store at Whites Road (quite close to Express Avenue Mall), Royapettah. This is a cool posh place hidden from the bustling din of the main road, and the entry way itself seems to transport you to another time and place far away from the cacophony of a busy city life. Once you step into this land overflowing with (wild) shrubbery, you'll find a flower shop, a jewellery cum clothing store and a colonial styled coffee hangout place. The entrance... with shrubs on either side. A giant urn among the shrubbery.  A little fountain in the garden... The jewellery and clothing boutique is located upstairs and even though the whole arrangement looks nice and inviting, I couldn't really find anything worth buying here.   An art piece at the store... The clothes seemed drab and messily complicated, like some new age fashion for the artsy / socialite types. It's not something your normal next door perso...

My school teachers...

So I got to thinking bout my school days recently and it saddened me that I was starting to forget a few teachers who had shaped my life, I have already forgotten nearly half the classmates... though its not my fault. Some people just don't want to join facebook, then how can you find them in this big world. Even if I do find them, there is not much to talk beyond the 'where are you & what are you doing' phrases. But the teachers are another matter, they deserve to be remembered for moulding us. I gotta hand it to the convent school I studied in, they really knew how to select their educators... all the teachers I had shared a genuine passion for teaching and above that they had strong moral values and faith which invariably shaped our lives. To them being a good person was what mattered the most and they made sure we grasped this knowledge, it also helped that I had staunch catholic parents who cemented this view. Anyway, I just wanted to jot down stuff bout my teacher...