Skip to main content

Old Town Glow

As usual went to church the next day by bus, which takes about twenty minutes. I remember when I first came to Geneva (almost ten years ago), we would wait at the bus stop and as soon as the bus came, I would be ready to run to the front door and wait till the people got off and then I would get in at only the front door and I wouldn’t just sit anywhere. I would stand in front unless there was an empty seat in front with a woman sitting nearby. That’s the normal way to catch a bus in India, you’re always alert, bags tightly clutched, and you stay as close as possible to women, cause you don’t want to get groped in a moving bus. So anyway, it was quite a revelation when my brother sighed and told me I could get in through any door and sit near anyone. This was quite new and fascinating…
Here’s the TPG (Transports publics Genevois) bus, which works like clockwork there. You can never get lost; each stop is displayed (and voiced out too) and its corresponding connections are also displayed, and nobody talks to anybody (except kids amongst themselves), most are on their phones and it’s a pleasant way to travel.
Got down at the stop and on the way to church came across this pretty house.
The broken chair outside the UN office, erected to remember those handicapped by landmines and cluster bombs.
My sister arrived in the evening, and we went to a burger place, Ingelwood, for dinner…. all the burgers looked like this.
I’m not fond of burgers, so I ordered this wonderful salad.
Just my pretty flats, that's all I packed on this trip... two pairs of ballet flats (from Max). I love this peach/nude colour one and the other greenish teal-ish one you'll see later in this travel series.
We then went to Old Town to just walk around and it felt beautiful there, the soft lights, the pedestrian cobbled paths, the slight nip in the air… it felt good to be back
Geneva has some intriguing statues centered around women and I felt they were divine, like this svelte girl who wore a pensive gaze. Is there a story behind here, I should find out…
The same statue from another angle...
The spire of the Cathedral...
Pretty view...
The protestant cathedral in Geneva where the seat of Calvin is located…
Nice door knocker
A pretty little corner
A fun clock in the city known for watches/clocks.

Nam (my sister) and me were sharing a room, so at night before going to sleep my brother would say, goodnight imbeciles. Sometimes, that’s how he would enter our rooom, saying, yo, imbeciles… or Le lefeya. Good times… The next day was a weekend, and we visited a bustling farmer’s market. Stay tuned for the next post in this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

A tribute to the crazy bunch....

Here are a few picutres that won't find a place in the wedding album... but they were equally (some of them, even more) memorable. Everybody loves sunoj.... I was so happy to see them all...... (first time they were coming to my new place) Sunoj again.... hanging out with this guy is like shopping, ice cream, chocolates... etc. You can't get enough of them. The crazy cousins gave us a very interesting gift... this gift will be with us for six months then it will start its cycle of educating the owners. Though I doubt my cousins need much education in that department. It was fun opening the book and Jardin being the smart guy wanted somethin read from page 69. It was so cute the way Sunoj quickly picked up "The Magic Faraway Tree Series" from the corner and gave me to hold up when Robert uncle walked into the room (turns out he was the one who bought the book). I still remember Robert uncle laughing his head off.... good times. This wa

My school teachers...

So I got to thinking bout my school days recently and it saddened me that I was starting to forget a few teachers who had shaped my life, I have already forgotten nearly half the classmates... though its not my fault. Some people just don't want to join facebook, then how can you find them in this big world. Even if I do find them, there is not much to talk beyond the 'where are you & what are you doing' phrases. But the teachers are another matter, they deserve to be remembered for moulding us. I gotta hand it to the convent school I studied in, they really knew how to select their educators... all the teachers I had shared a genuine passion for teaching and above that they had strong moral values and faith which invariably shaped our lives. To them being a good person was what mattered the most and they made sure we grasped this knowledge, it also helped that I had staunch catholic parents who cemented this view. Anyway, I just wanted to jot down stuff bout my teacher