Skip to main content

Funny breakfast and sparkling roads

Aug 8th 2022, Monday
Didn't do anything much, did some yoga and some work. 
Made breakfast for my brother...
Then got ready and went to Carrefour in France to do some shopping for the party tomorrow. Then got home, ate some leftover palak paneer and spinach rice. Slept a bit, woke up and dropped mom and dad in Notre Dame cathedral. We then went to the Indian shop and bought lamb and some other stuff. Then went to the church again, sat down in a coffee shop and waited for mom and dad while spying on them.
We sat in a cafe nearby waiting for them to finish mass while I scribbled something on a leaf and drank kir. We bought burgers and shawarma /chicken sandwiches on the way from parfums de beyrouth. Mine was very good, a chicken sandwich for 9 chf.

Aug 9th 2022, Tuesday
Just cooked and cooked and cooked. Fr. Gabriel had come home for dinner, made coconut chicken, lamb briyani, paneer tikka, veg pulao, raita, papad, and fruit salad with mango ice cream. Everything came out well, we had a good time talking. It was a fun evening, talking about religion and cultures and what not.

Aug 10th 2022, Wednesday
Woke up early, went to the church near home and after mass walked with father to a boulangerie nearby.
We had croissants and coffee... a small breakfast party
Then went to the church nearby St. Pie (church 28), and took bus 22 back home. This graffiti filled wall is the under ground crossing between two vehicle plying roads. Betty aunt and Nirmal uncle arrived at 11:30am, we all ate lunch at home. They stayed a while, spoke, hung out and it was fun meeting them. After they left, me and Nam saw a movie 'Darlings', it was okay. Then saw another movie, About Time, that was pretty thought provoking. It was about time travel and how it is beautiful to just live each day aware and alive to the beauty surrounding you, and present within you. It was a good day.

Aug 11th 2022, Thursday
Woke up, Vinod dropped us in St. Pie for the 8:30am mass. 
This is a small chapel used for the weekday masses, since only a handful attend them. (church 29)
Saw this picture there... Father spoke to us after mass and then we came walking home.
 Bought croissants on the way from here... That croissant faze is gone for me, I no longer feel like eating or buying it.
A wheelbarrow overflowing with flowers... cute roadside decor.
Stopped by this chapel on the way home...
I like this quiet calm chapel... with natural light flowing in through strategically placed crevices.
The stained glass windows...
Pretty purple leaves on the way...
The croissants we picked up at the boulangère after mass... the tart was a disappointment. Everything else was good. That's the book I was reading, Girls from Ames.
New found love in Geneva, peaches... these became my go to food there. I would carry a few peaches while travelling and eat that when I was hungry. 
Made breakfast for my brother then got ready to go out again.
Around 12:45pm left to le madina in France, saw this signpost on the way... a bible verse. Something about how God's grace is full of compassion.
Stopped by a cute church on the way, St. Rita (church 30). 
The baptismal font.. I guess
Mom and Nam singing in church...
Small church with stained glass window around...
The automatic holy water dispenser...
This is how the church looks on the outside... 
Bought meat and shawarma sandwiches at madhina. Drove to Carrefour, ate the nice shawarma sandwiches, shopped leisurely and drove back home, and went to sleep. Woke up, showered, got ready and went for a walk near the park...
Stunning flowers on the way...
A statue in the park...
Then walked to a Srilankan restaurant, Shiva, for dinner... This is the kothu parotta my brother had.
I had this dosa...
Nam had idiyappams
Walked back home... and there were stars twinkling on the road. It was beautiful... the road sparkling at night, I read that it's because they use broken pieces of glass while laying the road. 
The full moon in sight and the stars below... I love the walks here, lots of place to walk and it's not crowded. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Amethyst in Chennai - A Review

After Sarangi , we stopped by Amethyst another boutique store at Whites Road (quite close to Express Avenue Mall), Royapettah. This is a cool posh place hidden from the bustling din of the main road, and the entry way itself seems to transport you to another time and place far away from the cacophony of a busy city life. Once you step into this land overflowing with (wild) shrubbery, you'll find a flower shop, a jewellery cum clothing store and a colonial styled coffee hangout place. The entrance... with shrubs on either side. A giant urn among the shrubbery.  A little fountain in the garden... The jewellery and clothing boutique is located upstairs and even though the whole arrangement looks nice and inviting, I couldn't really find anything worth buying here.   An art piece at the store... The clothes seemed drab and messily complicated, like some new age fashion for the artsy / socialite types. It's not something your normal next door perso...

My school teachers...

So I got to thinking bout my school days recently and it saddened me that I was starting to forget a few teachers who had shaped my life, I have already forgotten nearly half the classmates... though its not my fault. Some people just don't want to join facebook, then how can you find them in this big world. Even if I do find them, there is not much to talk beyond the 'where are you & what are you doing' phrases. But the teachers are another matter, they deserve to be remembered for moulding us. I gotta hand it to the convent school I studied in, they really knew how to select their educators... all the teachers I had shared a genuine passion for teaching and above that they had strong moral values and faith which invariably shaped our lives. To them being a good person was what mattered the most and they made sure we grasped this knowledge, it also helped that I had staunch catholic parents who cemented this view. Anyway, I just wanted to jot down stuff bout my teacher...