Skip to main content

Some interesting folks .....

A few folks who have kept me busy these last few days ...

Carlton
Missed that kid, so asked the nuns for his address and visited him at home. As usual he was up there on the window sill, twirling a twine & muching on chocolate. He has this thing for twines, rope, string, rubber band, thread, anything flexible, curly and long .... he keeps twirling that piece around and reducing it into many small twirly pieces.

Jeff Corwin
I like him ..... a lot. He's funny, witty and he is really passionate about his work. You can feel his love and admiration for the animals and his " The Jeff Corwin Show" is always exciting. He just knows so much about animals, every kind of creature ..... heck, he can look at a pile of dung, poke it around a bit and tell you which animal deposited it there!

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Now he is somebody ..... who introduced me to Transcendentalism. Yeah, I never knew that was a word too. What does it mean ..... it's deep stuff ...deals with the soul, the universe and cosmos and stuff like that.
Transcendentalism is the belief or doctrine asserting the existence of an ideal spiritual reality that transcends the empirical and scientific and is knowable through intuition.
The term transcendental came from the German Romantic philosopher Immanuel Kant. The word referred to the idea that matters of ultimate reality-- God, the cosmos, the self-- transcend, or go beyond, human experience.

Karen
That's me ... yeah I had to sort a lot of things in my head. It was hard work, cause my mind has a mind of its own. It tends to overlook logic and go with that fist sized blood pumping organ, and this can only mean danger. So I had to make my mind do what it was intended to do, think out things logically and reasonably .... it doesn't always work, but this time I was rather proud of the results, though I can tell its slowly waning ... but what matters is that I tried!

Comments

ooh lala said…
halu! it's great to know that somebody's actually appreciating my blog... moreso, somebody i didn't force to view my blog (which i sometimes do to my friends just so i would feel my writings are not in vain... hehe). i just started blogging and i'm utterly enjoying it. writing has always been one of my greatest passions but at some point, i stopped because of school work. i was still writing but more of major paper researches, reaction papers, and whathaveyou. i have been able to pour my heart out into them but writing out of what's in your heart and not out of requirement is a whole new ball game. this is why i'm using this whole amazing blogging thing to get myself back on the writing track. about my faith, i grew up in a Christian family. even if my parents did all the choosing of religion and church, i never felt like i was being imposed on. i felt that they were investing in so much because my religion is that which always has helped me grow and bloom. i've gone through a lot of trials and it is always my faith which has helped me get through. no other source has even come close to the peace i get to experience in holding on to God. :)
once again, thanks for appreciating my blog! pls do come back for updates, because i will definitely keep this blog updated.
That Squirrel said…
Hey...how come I'm not on the list?? just kidding...
It's interesting all the same.

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Tawusi Melek: The Peacock Angel

The Last Girl (2017) by a Yezidi survivor, Nadia Murad, is filled with the bone-chilling sort of evil that the ISIS is synonymous with. Nadia poignantly captures the plight of her Yazidi village, Kocho, as the threat of ISIS looms large in the distance before becoming a reality. As with the Holocaust, no one really anticipates the amount or intensity of evil that could reside in the indoctrinated hearts of men. Otherwise, nobody would willingly stay back in their towns or villages waiting for the genocide of their race. One of Nadia’s brother’s, Hezni, did try to go Germany, by crossing the northern Iraqi border on foot into Turkey, from where they (the brother and a few others) made their way to Istanbul, then paid a smuggler to take them into Greece. But they were discovered and had to spend a horrible time in prison. So, the fact is people did try to leave, but like Nadia explains, it isn’t easy to leave the only place one has ever known. I still think that being forced to

A tribute to the crazy bunch....

Here are a few picutres that won't find a place in the wedding album... but they were equally (some of them, even more) memorable. Everybody loves sunoj.... I was so happy to see them all...... (first time they were coming to my new place) Sunoj again.... hanging out with this guy is like shopping, ice cream, chocolates... etc. You can't get enough of them. The crazy cousins gave us a very interesting gift... this gift will be with us for six months then it will start its cycle of educating the owners. Though I doubt my cousins need much education in that department. It was fun opening the book and Jardin being the smart guy wanted somethin read from page 69. It was so cute the way Sunoj quickly picked up "The Magic Faraway Tree Series" from the corner and gave me to hold up when Robert uncle walked into the room (turns out he was the one who bought the book). I still remember Robert uncle laughing his head off.... good times. This wa