Skip to main content

Steve Irwin...

One of my favourite people on this planet died yesterday... of a stingray attack. He saw beauty in the most ugly, disgusting, slimy and horrendous creatures. He was a beacon of enthusiasm and inspiration. He loved nature in all it's form. He was reckless and passionate and bursting with energy and fervour. To him nature and all of creation was sacred and beautiful. He loved to waddle in marshy waters and play with giant reptiles, oh man, he really loved those fearsome reptiles. But he would never have used that adjective to describe them. To him they were lovely, wonderful, gorgeous, fantastic, fascinating, magnificent and beautiful. They were his pride and joy, he even named his daughter after his favourite reptile, Bindi. He lived an adventurous life caring for our earth and all the animals in it. His knowledge on wildlife was inexhaustible and his trademark phrases were infectious. It is a terrible loss and I can't begin to imagine what his family must be going through. But I do hope that they carry on his great work and continue to keep his name alive. Well, I know that Steve Irwin is happy in a place that is teeming with all sorts of wildlife and nature, bet he is riding a dinosaur now and yelling 'Isn't he just gorgeous...'
Here's to you mate for teaching us a lot... about the animals you adore and about living life to the fullest.

My pals were rather shaken too by this news... I had to do something. Went to the church and lit a candle for him and lit a few more on behalf of my friends, who felt his loss... especially anju.

Comments

That Squirrel said…
Yes...poor poor steve. Thanks to him, I have a candle in my name. :p
Well, I have to say that I admire anyone who deals with animals so closely. I love animals too but I'm picky..I don't like reptiles and creepy crawlies. But the man was unbiased, impartial. And brave. I admire that. It would have been cooler if it was a shark though. Just kidding!

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Amethyst in Chennai - A Review

After Sarangi , we stopped by Amethyst another boutique store at Whites Road (quite close to Express Avenue Mall), Royapettah. This is a cool posh place hidden from the bustling din of the main road, and the entry way itself seems to transport you to another time and place far away from the cacophony of a busy city life. Once you step into this land overflowing with (wild) shrubbery, you'll find a flower shop, a jewellery cum clothing store and a colonial styled coffee hangout place. The entrance... with shrubs on either side. A giant urn among the shrubbery.  A little fountain in the garden... The jewellery and clothing boutique is located upstairs and even though the whole arrangement looks nice and inviting, I couldn't really find anything worth buying here.   An art piece at the store... The clothes seemed drab and messily complicated, like some new age fashion for the artsy / socialite types. It's not something your normal next door perso...

My school teachers...

So I got to thinking bout my school days recently and it saddened me that I was starting to forget a few teachers who had shaped my life, I have already forgotten nearly half the classmates... though its not my fault. Some people just don't want to join facebook, then how can you find them in this big world. Even if I do find them, there is not much to talk beyond the 'where are you & what are you doing' phrases. But the teachers are another matter, they deserve to be remembered for moulding us. I gotta hand it to the convent school I studied in, they really knew how to select their educators... all the teachers I had shared a genuine passion for teaching and above that they had strong moral values and faith which invariably shaped our lives. To them being a good person was what mattered the most and they made sure we grasped this knowledge, it also helped that I had staunch catholic parents who cemented this view. Anyway, I just wanted to jot down stuff bout my teacher...