Skip to main content

Effect of too much media in my life...

A few days back round midnight, I was reading something when all of a sudden the walls start shaking and the ground starts rumbling, t'was more like periodic jolts that kept coming alarmingly close... the first image that crossed my mind was the Transformers (saw that recently on TV, so it was only natural to think of those huge freakingly cool alien robots), then after logically ruling out that possibility (a little woefully) I thought maybe it was the Apocalypse (I had images of molten red fire wiping all of us out and my first thought was 'oh man, I still haven't finished the book...'), then when even that never happened I thought 'Oh man, it's a terrorist
attack...' and went to check, here's what I saw...

This was creating all that pandemonium, the building nextdoor was being demolished... would have been cool though if that thing had changed into an autobot.

Comments

PurpleHeart said…
You live in Chennai and not for once it struck you that it COULD be an earth quake ? Yea, I can see waht movies and books can do...:)
wildeyes said…
i agree with purpleheart. u thought of optimus prime n al qaeda but not good old natural earthquakes??

but i agree the autobots r way cooler than earthquakes
Yeah, somehow I never thought of an earthquake... I had images in succession of optimus prime, followed by the molten red fire, followed by kasav like young guys firing away on their machine guns...
candice said…
hahaha

Popular posts from this blog

The Danny effect and the Cooper effect

With all the free time I have now (thanks to Cooper) I thought of writing something here.  This is Cooper, a friend's dog, and whenever I go home to Nagercoil, we generally hang out together, talking and taking Cooper for long walks in the colony. This time was no different, we were on our walk when this stray little street dog started barking and I was holding cooper's leash... my hand in that loop when Cooper suddenly became way excited than usual and took off after the stray like Flash on steroids. He dragged me along and I couldn't keep up; I stumbled, fell on the bad road and bruised myself.  And since I had nothing better to do, I made a collage of the wounds to send to my sister... who found it hilarious that I fell. So anyway, went to the doc, got my tetanus shot and now I'm just taking it easy for the next few days. And one person has been constantly on my mind since this incident, Danny.

I met Danny about 12 years ago in Santhi Nilayam, the special school I …

Hair messed up

December 2016 and January 2017

The last few months of 2016 were crazy in so many ways. First there was the money issue (when the higher denomination notes lost their value overnight) which created a mess of economic proportions. The insane queues at banks and ATM's and all the scrambling that was happening to make sense of it all, made November quite memorable.  Around the same time, Trump came out victorious which I thought was pretty hilarious... a sort of validation that people are the same everywhere, based on who we elected here.  Anyway, after the chaos of November, December came with her own brand of drama. I heard of Cyclone Nada, but I was busy in Nagercoil then enjoying a birthday party...Even that was fun, surprising the birthday girl who did not know that I was at the airport with dad. She walks up and down and I'm hiding behind the newspaper pretending to read it, then I see Manoj by her side, and they finally come out and she is hugging my dad and after that I walk up behind her and tap her on t…