Skip to main content

The sun's in my heart, I walk down the lane with a happy refrain...

So I'm sitting here with a headache listening to Anne Murray and thanking God for online radio, cause whenever I get these kinds of head exploding headache's, I just tune into some country channel mostly 'soft country music' or 'country love songs' and things seem better after a while. Talking bout music, the other day I was at church and this funeral mass was about to begin and the choir was practicing and everything looked so serene and peaceful... seemed like a nice and simple farewell. So I told Antonio that when I died I wanted a nice and simple English mass with nice songs and he said, "No, you will have a nice Tamil mass and your choir members can sing one song in the end, Joy To The World". Yeah, he's funny alright.

I saw Sherlock Holmes yesterday and surprisingly I liked Watson more than Sherlock in the movie. Robert Downey Jr. was interesting as Sherlock with his sarcastic replies and dishevelled appearance, but I did not like the way he was portrayed. Sherlock Holmes, the character is to be revered, you cannot throw wine on his face and make him look dishevelled or naked in handcuffs like that... maybe that's Guy Ritchie's idea of Sherlock Holmes. My Holmes is above all this, his nonchalance and acumen is what makes him tick, he wouldn't mess with anything that interferes with his powers of reasoning and that includes women. Anyway, I liked Jude Law as Watson... he was a nice change from the old Dr. Watson of the books.

Lately I've been hooked to Gene Kelly's song 'I'm Singing in the Rain', it's the ringtone on my phone too. I like how he starts the song, its so cheerful...

Comments

Beth Niquette said…
What an amazing person you are! An inspiration. May the sun continue to rise and shine in your heart! ((hugs))
PurpleHeart said…
You are lucky to have a husband with that kind of humour ! :)

I have always liked Jude Law - my journey for his love began with 'The Holiday'.
PurpleHeart said…
PS PS PS : I meant my journey 'OF' his love ;)
yes karen ! what an amazing person you are ! Light that lies deep inside of me Come forth in all thy majesty !Show me thy gaze!Teach me thy ways
!That I a better person may be
Beth, nice to see you here. Hugs to you too :o)

Sandhya, that's when I started like Jude Law too, after 'The Holiday'.

Saj, sarcasm will get you no where. That sounded like a gospel song though...
I am never sarcastic..im always honest and straightforward...if u like jude law...u shud watch Enemy at the Gates
and I think you misunderstood the concept of labels
Yeah saj, I thought so too...
Anonymous said…
It is certainly interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Hilary Simpson
Karen Xavier said…
Hi Hilary, nice of you to drop by... what topic did you find interesting by the way?
Karen.

Popular posts from this blog

December 2016 and January 2017

The last few months of 2016 were crazy in so many ways. First there was the money issue (when the higher denomination notes lost their value overnight) which created a mess of economic proportions. The insane queues at banks and ATM's and all the scrambling that was happening to make sense of it all, made November quite memorable.  Around the same time, Trump came out victorious which I thought was pretty hilarious... a sort of validation that people are the same everywhere, based on who we elected here.  Anyway, after the chaos of November, December came with her own brand of drama. I heard of Cyclone Nada, but I was busy in Nagercoil then enjoying a birthday party...Even that was fun, surprising the birthday girl who did not know that I was at the airport with dad. She walks up and down and I'm hiding behind the newspaper pretending to read it, then I see Manoj by her side, and they finally come out and she is hugging my dad and after that I walk up behind her and tap her on t…

A Corpse in the Ground

Padua and Venice 2015

So the last travel post was about Turin, after which we drove all the way to Padua and after roaming around at night, eating ice cream  we came back to Tulip Inn, our hotel in Padua. After the complimentary breakfast, we set out to visit San Antonio's shrine, the shrine where the tomb of St. Antony is located. We celebrated mass in an adjoining chapel there,  We weren't allowed to take pictures in the main shrine, but I surreptitiously managed to take this one. After walking around and praying in this huge church, we then went to the shrine shop. Among all the places we visited, the stuff I've seen at the Padua shrine shop, is really good. One of the best places to shop for souvenirs, everything is so pretty and well made. I had visited Padua in 2013 with Antonio and Nameeta, and Antonio picked up a really cool looking black ring with the Our Father inscribed on it in Latin...
He rarely wears it, so I started wearing it...
Picked up this cream and chapstick at the Padua …