You all probably know bout my sister's wedding that took place earlier this month, that's what the past few posts have been about. And now she, my little sister... all grown up has crossed horizons and oceans to reach the land of Luke Bryan, Chris Young, Easton Corbin, Lee Brice and Jake Owen... okay, I just wanted to write their names. So anyway, she was the one I could yap away to, incessantly at times. She could read me pretty well, she knew when I was fake laughing, she could figure out when I say something and mean something else... she is like the paperback binding to my book. She is the cover, the adventurous sort, the colourful exterior that grips your attention and I am like the pages, full of content that nobody gets except a fortunate few (not very humble, am I...) who take the time to flip through the story. She pulls people in, makes friends easily... I hang back in my world, talking to characters and other people I am really comfortable with. I guess that's how one of my best buddies Jude felt too, he is sort of an introvert like me... and when he saw my interesting binding, he took it. So bro, take good care of my binding, she'll make your life exciting and colourful.
Apart from being my binding, she has been my
- coast clearer (she informs me when there are people in the area, people to avoid)
- TV guide
- window shopping companion
- Columbus partner (we explore new places together)
- ransack partner (the way we shop, we search high and low till we find the stuff that speaks to us)
- snickering/giggling companion
- Relative bearing sidekick
- Sounding board (I ask her opinion on lots of stuff)
- Makeup artiste (she is the stylish one, she knows which lip gloss to use and I always borrow her stuff)
- My only audience (when I'm in rockstar mood and belting away like a broken record)
- Reluctant helper (mostly in the kitchen, she hates it when I order her around)
- Theater dragger (I'm not much of a theater goer, but she drags me to them often)
- My constantly varying crush/love memoriser (she remembers everybody I've ever liked right from Tom Cruise to my last week's obsession, Adam Levine. Now it's Lee Brice...)
- Sing along companion (this I like the best, singing along to the radio)
- Hairstylist (she braids and does my hair in pretty styles)
- Sitcom companion (these are good times, laughing over funny one liners)
- And the list goes on...
Here she is with her trademark curls...