Skip to main content

Wash your hands and say your prayers...

So it's yet another Independence day and the feeling of nonchalance continues... isn't that worrisome. I would like to feel pride, love, hope and comfort for our nation, but how do you feel all that when you step outside the house and encounter shabby roads and pavements overflowing with garbage, jackasses micturating whenever and wherever, all the filth that clogs the road when it rains or when nauseating drainage starts seeping through man holes, the maddening vehicles and motorists that seem to operate on some high end vendetta against each other... it's as though we live in a cloud of apathy. Reminds me of District 9 (the movie, it's where an alien race come to earth and they are pathetic prawn like creatures, they end up living in slum dwellings as refugees), we are kinda pathetic like them. Why else would we allow our nation to rot... I just wish there was a place like Azkaban where we could dump all these roadside urinaters, the insane people who drive/ride like Bruce Wayne (atleast he has great looking rides), and all the betel leaf chewers who intentionally spit on walls, doors, trains, corridors, everywhere except the ground, and those who insist on littering. A clean and beautiful country will eventually manifest clean and beautiful souls... I know, seems highly improbable but don't you have to first clean the filth on the surface to dig deeper and uncover the malaise that plagues our society. So let's hope Iceland invades us (apparently that is the cleanest country in the world) and sets up a clean and self preserving system here or let's pray for someone like Dom Cobb (Leaonardo's character in Inception) who can plant the idea of cleanliness in the collective sub-conscience of our nation.

Or we could all just follow this funny saying... and by washing of hands, I mean the washing off of all the filth we do which maims our society and keeps us from achieving our true potential. Washing off all the habits that make us a bad nation, and live a meaningful life in God... after all He created us and gave us this earth. That's the least we could do. 

Comments

Stella said…
India is trying its best managing its huge population. Maybe things would be better if it was less populated, but then that would not be India. I am an Indian and am proud to be an Indian.
I agree with Stella in saying that the population makes it difficult. I will not romanticise India and therefore I agree with you as well.

Joy always,
Susan
Haddock said…
That poster made me laugh.
I would welcome Iceland with both arms.
And that idea of Dom Cobb to plant an idea in every Indian is not a bad idea.
Ganesh Puttu said…
Hmm!! I kinda used to have this OCD about washing hands frequently, everytime i touched/shook someone's hands, i would be imagining in my mind the millions of germs transmitted from them to me and i would feel kinda unclean without washing hands...it got cured when one of my girlfriends gave me a feedback after a movie that my phobia towards bodily contact made the old man seated on the other side of her in the movie theatre a very happy man ad he took advantage of the darkness to do all the things that i should have been doing but didnt due to my distaste for any touching...i resolved to turn over a new leaf that day and have now conquerrd my fear of others germs.i only wash my hands maybe half-a-dozen times a day now...
Karen Xavier said…
Stella, it's easy to say all that when you live in a clean place with no pollution... that is how I felt when I was living there. The quality of life in the city sucks when compared to that sleepy hamlet...

Yeah Susan, we have to improve as a race...

Haddock, :) glad to find someone who agrees...


Ganesh, I think that is the best phobia a doctor could have... so try getting it back doc.

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Tawusi Melek: The Peacock Angel

The Last Girl (2017) by a Yezidi survivor, Nadia Murad, is filled with the bone-chilling sort of evil that the ISIS is synonymous with. Nadia poignantly captures the plight of her Yazidi village, Kocho, as the threat of ISIS looms large in the distance before becoming a reality. As with the Holocaust, no one really anticipates the amount or intensity of evil that could reside in the indoctrinated hearts of men. Otherwise, nobody would willingly stay back in their towns or villages waiting for the genocide of their race. One of Nadia’s brother’s, Hezni, did try to go Germany, by crossing the northern Iraqi border on foot into Turkey, from where they (the brother and a few others) made their way to Istanbul, then paid a smuggler to take them into Greece. But they were discovered and had to spend a horrible time in prison. So, the fact is people did try to leave, but like Nadia explains, it isn’t easy to leave the only place one has ever known. I still think that being forced to

A tribute to the crazy bunch....

Here are a few picutres that won't find a place in the wedding album... but they were equally (some of them, even more) memorable. Everybody loves sunoj.... I was so happy to see them all...... (first time they were coming to my new place) Sunoj again.... hanging out with this guy is like shopping, ice cream, chocolates... etc. You can't get enough of them. The crazy cousins gave us a very interesting gift... this gift will be with us for six months then it will start its cycle of educating the owners. Though I doubt my cousins need much education in that department. It was fun opening the book and Jardin being the smart guy wanted somethin read from page 69. It was so cute the way Sunoj quickly picked up "The Magic Faraway Tree Series" from the corner and gave me to hold up when Robert uncle walked into the room (turns out he was the one who bought the book). I still remember Robert uncle laughing his head off.... good times. This wa