Skip to main content

A tag which invariably ends with music...

So I've been tagged by Mahesh and I'm not sure I'll pick the right answer to all the questions posed in the tag... let's see how it goes. Mahesh is a friend from work, I did not really get to know him until we played the secret Santa game at work. He was my secret Santa, and an incredibly charming one at that. We got to know each other and it turns out, he blogs too... that kinda cemented our friendship. He is an avid movie watcher and reviews all sorts of movies in his blog regularly. He loves to read too, and keeps us updated bout book fairs in the city. He is like a perennial ray of sunshine, no matter what life deals him... he always seems to have a sunny disposition. That is something I am still learning to acquire. And to top it all, he effortlessly weaves words to create really good poems. He has some major poetry writing skills and his poems are a joy to read... he wears his heart on his sleeve and he harbours a good soul, I'm glad he got to pick my name one December morning.

So getting started on the tag, I have to give you all links to 

My most beautiful post : I know it probably means quality wise, but I'll give you the most visually beautiful post. It has to be this, click on the first picture for a larger view. That is currently my mobile phone screen saver too... somehow the picture fills me with a sense of peace.

My most popular post : This is easy, it is the only post with the most number of views. I wrote bout Taylor Swift's album a few years back and now that she's a huge phenomenon, the views keep increasing. But I don't like her much these days, she has gone over to the other side... can't stand her recent songs. I liked her when she was the normal curly haired girl with a guitar who sang bout Tim Mcgraw, teardrops on my guitar and love story.

My most helpful post : Has to be the few recipes I put up, especially the beef one. And of course these recipes are helpful to me too... I only put up tried and tested recipes of what I like, so whenever I want to cook something specific I just search for it on my blog. 

My most controversial post : Only with a lot of readers will controversy arise, with the handful that (are forced to/willingly) read my blog... you can't really except controversy. But I'll give you a post bout my thoughts on the nuclear power projects that is indeed creating a great controversy in this state and ultimately in the world too. 

A post whose success surprised you : This I really don't know, I don't expect much when I post something. If I had to guess, I would say the review of Lee Brice's recent album, Hard to Love. When Lee Brice himself (or the people that manage his Facebook page) posted the link to my blog on his Facebook, I did receive comments from many Lee Brice fans. 

A post that didn't receive the attention it deserved : None of my posts receive the attention they deserve... but if I have to pick one, I'd probably say my recent post, cause I wrote a poem in it and nobody really saw it. I mean they saw it but they never really got that I wrote it... tends to happen when I talk too much bout country music, people tend to just graze over the surface. It's partly my fault too, I can't stop writing bout country music.... and most people I know don't really care for country music, which I find rather baffling. So anyway, now that you know, go read my poem.

A post which you are most proud of : Not proud of as in 'yeah great job' kinda way, but proud in the sense that I  put into words what I was feeling

So that's it, I now have to tag five other people... but seeing that many people I know don't write a blog, I would like my readers to play this game. You can make a note of the answers and email them to me and I shall post them on my blog. It will give me a chance to explore new music... so Jude, Sajeeve, Megha, Candice, Carol, Shilpa, Mahesh and anybody else who wants to share their taste in music, please join in.

Comments

Qas said…
You write great..keep on posting ..best of luck
mahesh said…
What an intro I am blushing :)

The post on the nuclear power-plant was good.

My tastes in music from the West go to the Beatles, Cliff Richards, Frank Sinatra and a bit of George Williams. Don't understand much of the current lot all visual gimmickery and stuff.

The poem was good :)!

Mahesh is a sweetheart. Even I've been reading his blog for some months now and I agree to the glowing introduction that you have given him.

Never imagined that I would graze through posts (Feeling sheepish and guilty).

Joy always,
Susan
Tina said…
gimme some time. i'll do this :)

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Tawusi Melek: The Peacock Angel

The Last Girl (2017) by a Yezidi survivor, Nadia Murad, is filled with the bone-chilling sort of evil that the ISIS is synonymous with. Nadia poignantly captures the plight of her Yazidi village, Kocho, as the threat of ISIS looms large in the distance before becoming a reality. As with the Holocaust, no one really anticipates the amount or intensity of evil that could reside in the indoctrinated hearts of men. Otherwise, nobody would willingly stay back in their towns or villages waiting for the genocide of their race. One of Nadia’s brother’s, Hezni, did try to go Germany, by crossing the northern Iraqi border on foot into Turkey, from where they (the brother and a few others) made their way to Istanbul, then paid a smuggler to take them into Greece. But they were discovered and had to spend a horrible time in prison. So, the fact is people did try to leave, but like Nadia explains, it isn’t easy to leave the only place one has ever known. I still think that being forced to

A tribute to the crazy bunch....

Here are a few picutres that won't find a place in the wedding album... but they were equally (some of them, even more) memorable. Everybody loves sunoj.... I was so happy to see them all...... (first time they were coming to my new place) Sunoj again.... hanging out with this guy is like shopping, ice cream, chocolates... etc. You can't get enough of them. The crazy cousins gave us a very interesting gift... this gift will be with us for six months then it will start its cycle of educating the owners. Though I doubt my cousins need much education in that department. It was fun opening the book and Jardin being the smart guy wanted somethin read from page 69. It was so cute the way Sunoj quickly picked up "The Magic Faraway Tree Series" from the corner and gave me to hold up when Robert uncle walked into the room (turns out he was the one who bought the book). I still remember Robert uncle laughing his head off.... good times. This wa