Skip to main content

Plainpalais Flea Market...

The Plainpalais flea market in Geneva takes place every Saturday and Wednesday, at the Plainpalais grounds. I visited it last year during the last week of October...
Saw so many records on display... 
Pretty vases and bowls...
Small pouches made with Indian fabric... 
Art to hang on walls... 
I especially liked this one of the boat...
How cute is this dish... three little kids as the stand. 
Another pretty dish... with three Victorian women on either side.
A really large mirror... and me, I look like a walking advertisement for Anokhi (both the kurta and the scarf are from Anokhi). It was starting to get cold towards the end of October... 
Pretty blue vase... 
African masks... 
Textile from the exotic land of India...

It was fun, just walking around and seeing everything... there's a farmers market that takes place at Plainpalais every Sunday too. 

Comments

Merlesworld said…
Great market, lots of interesting and different things.
Merle................
Karen Xavier said…
Thanks Merlesworld...

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Amethyst in Chennai - A Review

After Sarangi , we stopped by Amethyst another boutique store at Whites Road (quite close to Express Avenue Mall), Royapettah. This is a cool posh place hidden from the bustling din of the main road, and the entry way itself seems to transport you to another time and place far away from the cacophony of a busy city life. Once you step into this land overflowing with (wild) shrubbery, you'll find a flower shop, a jewellery cum clothing store and a colonial styled coffee hangout place. The entrance... with shrubs on either side. A giant urn among the shrubbery.  A little fountain in the garden... The jewellery and clothing boutique is located upstairs and even though the whole arrangement looks nice and inviting, I couldn't really find anything worth buying here.   An art piece at the store... The clothes seemed drab and messily complicated, like some new age fashion for the artsy / socialite types. It's not something your normal next door perso...

My school teachers...

So I got to thinking bout my school days recently and it saddened me that I was starting to forget a few teachers who had shaped my life, I have already forgotten nearly half the classmates... though its not my fault. Some people just don't want to join facebook, then how can you find them in this big world. Even if I do find them, there is not much to talk beyond the 'where are you & what are you doing' phrases. But the teachers are another matter, they deserve to be remembered for moulding us. I gotta hand it to the convent school I studied in, they really knew how to select their educators... all the teachers I had shared a genuine passion for teaching and above that they had strong moral values and faith which invariably shaped our lives. To them being a good person was what mattered the most and they made sure we grasped this knowledge, it also helped that I had staunch catholic parents who cemented this view. Anyway, I just wanted to jot down stuff bout my teacher...