Skip to main content

Another year...

Another year, 2020, how fast the years roll by... the transition from 2019 to 2020 was fun enough, surrounded by family, friends and
 an influx of angels.
I saw a paper doily angel online and since then this is what I have been making in December, an army of paper doily angels...
To be placed in the crib, at last count there were about 23 angels in the crib in my hometown...

Ah, Christmas is fun even though I couldn't get into the whole giddy Christmas mood this year. I don't know why, I kept listening to Winter Song by Fernando Ortega and My Favourite Time of the Year by The Florin Street Band, to get into the high spirited mood of Christmas... and though that helped a bit, everything was kinda subdued and serene. I guess Christmas as a festival just isn't appealing anymore, but Christmas as a time where love comes to stay in the form of family and friends who travel home for the holidays is more meaningful. Christmas is more than the lights on the tree, the star in every house, the hint of cinnamon in the baking, the sweet smell of the Christmas crib, the carols playing softly, and dressing up for the midnight mass... Christmas is the light in the eyes of the people you love, Christmas is the love that never gives up even when things seem bleak, Christmas is knowing that love will always stay in you and me, and maybe that's why all the colourful external decoration does not mean as much as it used to when I know nothing purer and more beautiful could exist than
 your heart that taught me to love.. and being immersed in nature is one of the most beautiful ways to feel this love that's just pulsing all around us.

Okay, enough with the metaphysical ramblings, back to the purpose of this post, to keep a record of Christmas 2019. When you have two homes to decorate, the Libra in you goes to another level... I used to keep crib quiz's for family and friends. I'd introduce something new and ask them what's new in the crib, or I'd ask them to give me the final count of angels in the crib... it's a wonder I still have people who love me, I know.
Chennai home crib... 
The ajrakh floor crib in Chennai...
Chennai home...
Tree in Chennai...
Christmas in my hometown...
The tree with the paper doily angel tree topper, that my brother said looks like the angel is on steroids... 
Made these paper doily angels for greeting cards that can be used as Christmas decor.
Bailey under the tree...
Celebrating twin brother's birthdays... . 
The lights... 
Books as gifts during this festive season... 
Known as Jolabokaflod in Iceland, it's an Icelandic tradition to gift books during Christmas. 
Last year's card as this year's decor... 
The rum cake I made for New Year...
A video of all the fun times... 
With some amazing people...

Have a wonderful 2020 everybody...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Tawusi Melek: The Peacock Angel

The Last Girl (2017) by a Yezidi survivor, Nadia Murad, is filled with the bone-chilling sort of evil that the ISIS is synonymous with. Nadia poignantly captures the plight of her Yazidi village, Kocho, as the threat of ISIS looms large in the distance before becoming a reality. As with the Holocaust, no one really anticipates the amount or intensity of evil that could reside in the indoctrinated hearts of men. Otherwise, nobody would willingly stay back in their towns or villages waiting for the genocide of their race. One of Nadia’s brother’s, Hezni, did try to go Germany, by crossing the northern Iraqi border on foot into Turkey, from where they (the brother and a few others) made their way to Istanbul, then paid a smuggler to take them into Greece. But they were discovered and had to spend a horrible time in prison. So, the fact is people did try to leave, but like Nadia explains, it isn’t easy to leave the only place one has ever known. I still think that being forced to

A tribute to the crazy bunch....

Here are a few picutres that won't find a place in the wedding album... but they were equally (some of them, even more) memorable. Everybody loves sunoj.... I was so happy to see them all...... (first time they were coming to my new place) Sunoj again.... hanging out with this guy is like shopping, ice cream, chocolates... etc. You can't get enough of them. The crazy cousins gave us a very interesting gift... this gift will be with us for six months then it will start its cycle of educating the owners. Though I doubt my cousins need much education in that department. It was fun opening the book and Jardin being the smart guy wanted somethin read from page 69. It was so cute the way Sunoj quickly picked up "The Magic Faraway Tree Series" from the corner and gave me to hold up when Robert uncle walked into the room (turns out he was the one who bought the book). I still remember Robert uncle laughing his head off.... good times. This wa