Skip to main content

Enchanting Falls

So on Thursday, July 21st 2022, we went to church for the English mass at 12:15pm. Vinod came there and we drove to manor (a supermarket chain) for lunch. ,

I ate a small plate of legumes... which is my preferred food when I go to these type of places where the menu is vast and you've to select what you like. I mostly take the potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and the wonderful sauces. 

By looking at the plates, I can tell who took what... Nam took this dumpling thing along with the pasta salad.

This falafel plate with hummus was dad's. Mom's is nearby, some steak (I'm guessing it's pork) with mushroom sauce. 

All our plates...
Vinod took this salmon poke bowl, which had some rice (or quinoa) underneath with all these fruits/vegetables on top.
Some beautiful pastry for dessert...
And this raspberry tart...
After lunch, we drove to a waterfalls in the Morges region.... a bridge on the way with pretty flowers.

On the way we stopped at the church in Coppet, and this picture was taken at the grotto. Some service was being held in the Coppet church, so we just prayed and got out at church 11. 

A wooden sculpture on the way...
Pretty landscapes...
The rolling hills...
This pretty chapel made us stop... and we snuck it for a quick look and a prayer. This is church 12 (I'm counting the number of churches we visited on this trip).
My sister with the a pretty painting in the background...
I like this chandelier...
The cute little chapel that made us take a u turn just to check it out...
A good drive through the countryside before we reach our destination.
We walked through the cool forest for ten minutes, sometimes clambering up and down the path. By this time my family was ready to disown me, they aren't the trekking kind. So anyway, one last bend in the path through the forest and we chanced upon this...
Enchanting falls. 
This place looked straight out of a fairy tale book...
My father and my sister in the cold waters of the falls... 
 
I just sat on the rocks, enjoying the cold waters...
I of course had to get into my meditative pose near the falls...
Me at the entrance to the enchanted falls...
Another meditative pose...
A few artists with their easels busy sketching away...
Trekking back to the car through the lovely woods...
My sister bumped into a short pole while backing up...
The drive back home...
Horses and landscapes on the way...

 It was a fun day, the walk in the forest was beautiful... the temperature inside the forest was cooler than the temperature on the road. Since it was quite hot in July, this little place felt magical with its ideal temperature and stunning cold waters. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

A tribute to the crazy bunch....

Here are a few picutres that won't find a place in the wedding album... but they were equally (some of them, even more) memorable. Everybody loves sunoj.... I was so happy to see them all...... (first time they were coming to my new place) Sunoj again.... hanging out with this guy is like shopping, ice cream, chocolates... etc. You can't get enough of them. The crazy cousins gave us a very interesting gift... this gift will be with us for six months then it will start its cycle of educating the owners. Though I doubt my cousins need much education in that department. It was fun opening the book and Jardin being the smart guy wanted somethin read from page 69. It was so cute the way Sunoj quickly picked up "The Magic Faraway Tree Series" from the corner and gave me to hold up when Robert uncle walked into the room (turns out he was the one who bought the book). I still remember Robert uncle laughing his head off.... good times. This wa

Tawusi Melek: The Peacock Angel

The Last Girl (2017) by a Yezidi survivor, Nadia Murad, is filled with the bone-chilling sort of evil that the ISIS is synonymous with. Nadia poignantly captures the plight of her Yazidi village, Kocho, as the threat of ISIS looms large in the distance before becoming a reality. As with the Holocaust, no one really anticipates the amount or intensity of evil that could reside in the indoctrinated hearts of men. Otherwise, nobody would willingly stay back in their towns or villages waiting for the genocide of their race. One of Nadia’s brother’s, Hezni, did try to go Germany, by crossing the northern Iraqi border on foot into Turkey, from where they (the brother and a few others) made their way to Istanbul, then paid a smuggler to take them into Greece. But they were discovered and had to spend a horrible time in prison. So, the fact is people did try to leave, but like Nadia explains, it isn’t easy to leave the only place one has ever known. I still think that being forced to