Skip to main content

German speaking mountain town...

Aug 4th 2022
Woke up early and went to the lab to take blood test for papa, stopped in a boulangerie on the way back.
Picked up this Portuguese baked sweet...
Another sweet... these were too creamy and sweet to eat in the morning. 
Went for the 12:15pm English mass, got home and made palak paneer. Spent the rest of the day reading.

Aug 5th 2022
Packed and left the house by 12pm; drove to this mountainous region 3 hours from Geneva
The drive and my sister's music... this song is nice. 
Reached this German speaking mountainous town and it's indescribable... and our rooms are so beautiful. 
Mom and dad slept here...
Nam and me slept in these bunk beds. 
My brother slept here, right opposite us... each bunk bed had its own corner light.
We then stepped out to explore this postcard like place...
The slight drizzle and the cold air felt invigorating...
 The Marian chapel sits beautifully nestled in greenery at the foot of the mountains. 
Warm lights glowing inside under Mother Mary...
The altar...
Walking in the rain was incredibly magical...
The quaint mountain chapel... (church 25, I'm counting the number of churches we visited on this trip)
Then me and Nam walked to the protestant church 
Nice window in the protestant church...
Gurgling stream...
The bibliothek...
Cute library...
Walked back to the room...
Taking a whole of pictures on the way...
The landscape...
My sister...
Me with the soulful clouds and the atmosphere brimming with aliveness...
Cute little hut...
We were having some serious Maria moments...  singing and twirling to the 'Hills are alive with the sound of music...'
Cute window display on the way...
My sister near a chalet...
The view from our window...
The chalet we stayed at...
 Reached the room, took a nice shower, got ready and went to have dinner nearby at
Le Vieux chalet, some pork meat... 
Dad had some falafel with salad...
I don't remember what this is...
Meringue dessert...
The food was good; I had the rosti, but they had charged us for hot water which was ridiculous, so wrote a scathing review on Google. This is where we had dinner... everything looks pretty at night too. We explored the place a little more the next day, stay tuned.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Ad....

Wouldn't you say so... Nam and me were in this huge clothing store and we were making fun of all the models on display (there was one of hrithik in which he looked kinda gayish) when we came across this one. Seriously, dark people are more better looking....

Amethyst in Chennai - A Review

After Sarangi , we stopped by Amethyst another boutique store at Whites Road (quite close to Express Avenue Mall), Royapettah. This is a cool posh place hidden from the bustling din of the main road, and the entry way itself seems to transport you to another time and place far away from the cacophony of a busy city life. Once you step into this land overflowing with (wild) shrubbery, you'll find a flower shop, a jewellery cum clothing store and a colonial styled coffee hangout place. The entrance... with shrubs on either side. A giant urn among the shrubbery.  A little fountain in the garden... The jewellery and clothing boutique is located upstairs and even though the whole arrangement looks nice and inviting, I couldn't really find anything worth buying here.   An art piece at the store... The clothes seemed drab and messily complicated, like some new age fashion for the artsy / socialite types. It's not something your normal next door perso...

My school teachers...

So I got to thinking bout my school days recently and it saddened me that I was starting to forget a few teachers who had shaped my life, I have already forgotten nearly half the classmates... though its not my fault. Some people just don't want to join facebook, then how can you find them in this big world. Even if I do find them, there is not much to talk beyond the 'where are you & what are you doing' phrases. But the teachers are another matter, they deserve to be remembered for moulding us. I gotta hand it to the convent school I studied in, they really knew how to select their educators... all the teachers I had shared a genuine passion for teaching and above that they had strong moral values and faith which invariably shaped our lives. To them being a good person was what mattered the most and they made sure we grasped this knowledge, it also helped that I had staunch catholic parents who cemented this view. Anyway, I just wanted to jot down stuff bout my teacher...